It's a short drive north of Fort St. John, or hop on the free shuttle bus to check it out. Shuttle details are in the booklet (link below). The fair is a family friendly weekend that includes:
Click HERE to view a copy of the Fall Fair booklet. Take a look of what the fair is all about and how to become an exhibitor. Enter your items to possibly win ribbons, or even money (where awarded). Book includes entry forms and all rules and regulations.
Once again, Harvest Wine Outfitters is sponsoring the categories in wine, beer, cider and liqueur. A total of 4 - $50 gift cards for our shop will go to:
1) High point winner of the White, Red and Fruit Kit Wine Category combined
2) High point winner of the Country Fruit Wine Category*
3) High point winner of the Liqueur and Cider Category combined
4) Judges' Pick Overall, in any category
*there is an small error in the Fall Fair booklet with the category numbers
Tips for entering your wines:
1) If you can, enter something in each category. Two of the prizes are given for combined points and can cover multiple categories.
1) Submissions should be in a proper bottle with cork or flip-top closure only. Make sure your bottle is clean and presentable.
2) Clarity is judged. If you have sediment, rebottling to remove any sediment might be helpful.
3) Label the wine with the style and year made. Judges are looking for the qualities of the style of wine entered and points are given based on those characteristics.
4) Most important - make sure you enter your wine in the proper category!
K11 - White Wine - from kits, examples are Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Moscato etc.
K12 - Red Wine - from kits, examples are Shiraz, Merlot, Cab Sauv, etc.
K13 - Any Country Fruit Wine (Fresh) - made from your own fruit, examples are saskatoon, raspberry, rhubarb, etc.
K14 - Any Fruit Wine (Kit) - from a kit, examples are Island Mist Black Cherry or Orchard Breezin' Cranberry