Monday, December 6th is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women. Harvest Wine Outfitters will be open this on this day and have Moose FM on location from 11am to 1pm to help raise funds for the FSJ Women's Resource Society.
Please drop by and make a donation to help stock the Outreach Store's shelves and keep the Society helping those in need.
Check out the video posted by Telitha and Lisa from the FSJWRS. Watch HERE
More helpful links below.
DID YOU KNOW...
1) More than 11 million Canadians have been physically or sexually assaulted since the age of 15?
2) 1 in 5 victims of sexual assault feels blamed for the violence against them
3) 43% of women and 35% of men have experienced violence by an intimate partner
4) Between 2009 and 2019, women represented 97% of human trafficking victims
5) 95% of sexual assaults do not come to the attention of the police
6) Intimate partner abuse can be psychological, physical or sexual
7) Despite being 5% of the population, Indigenous females represented 28% of the 2019 homicide victims
8) In 2020/2021, 1.3 million people accessed shelters, hotlines, counselling and other support programs
9) Some programs have seen as much as a 400% increase in calls since the start of the pandemic
10) The Fort St. John Women's Resource Society is a place where you can get crisis and planning support, referrals and information in areas such as counselling, housing, training, health, addictions, domestic violence, disability, legal and other services as well as gathering with others for support and social programs or connecting over a cup of coffee.
The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women is about remembering those who have experienced gender-based violence and those who we have lost to it. It is also a time to take action. Achieving a Canada free from gender-based violence requires everyone living in this country to educate themselves and their families and communities on gender-based violence, centre the voices of survivors in our actions and speak up against harmful behaviours.
December 6 falls within the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence. Check out the hashtag #16Days.
FSJ Women's Resource Society
Government Canada Pages:
The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
Women and Gender Equality Canada - Facebook Page
Leave a Reply.
Holidays & Sundays: Closed
Tuesday: 10am - 5pm
Wednesday: 10am - 5pm
Thursday: 10am - 5pm
Friday: 10am - 5pm
Saturdays: 10am - 5pm
9117 96a St.
Fort St. John, BC V1J 6X6