I can't be the only one who wants to simplify things for Christmas?!
Need an idea for something different this Christmas? We might be able to help!
Monday, December 6th is the National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women. Harvest Wine Outfitters will be open this on this day and have Moose FM on location from 11am to 1pm to help raise funds for the FSJ Women's Resource Society.
Please drop by and make a donation to help stock the Outreach Store's shelves and keep the Society helping those in need.
Check out the video posted by Telitha and Lisa from the FSJWRS. Watch HERE
More helpful links below.
DID YOU KNOW...
1) More than 11 million Canadians have been physically or sexually assaulted since the age of 15?
2) 1 in 5 victims of sexual assault feels blamed for the violence against them
3) 43% of women and 35% of men have experienced violence by an intimate partner
4) Between 2009 and 2019, women represented 97% of human trafficking victims
5) 95% of sexual assaults do not come to the attention of the police
6) Intimate partner abuse can be psychological, physical or sexual
7) Despite being 5% of the population, Indigenous females represented 28% of the 2019 homicide victims
8) In 2020/2021, 1.3 million people accessed shelters, hotlines, counselling and other support programs
9) Some programs have seen as much as a 400% increase in calls since the start of the pandemic
10) The Fort St. John Women's Resource Society is a place where you can get crisis and planning support, referrals and information in areas such as counselling, housing, training, health, addictions, domestic violence, disability, legal and other services as well as gathering with others for support and social programs or connecting over a cup of coffee.
The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women is about remembering those who have experienced gender-based violence and those who we have lost to it. It is also a time to take action. Achieving a Canada free from gender-based violence requires everyone living in this country to educate themselves and their families and communities on gender-based violence, centre the voices of survivors in our actions and speak up against harmful behaviours.
December 6 falls within the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence. Check out the hashtag #16Days.
FSJ Women's Resource Society
Government Canada Pages:
The National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence
Women and Gender Equality Canada - Facebook Page
We were blessed this week with a pallet of stock that was ordered during the horrific rains and flooding that happened in the Lower Mainland. We received a small number of wine bottles that has helped ease the bottle shortage and subsequent price increases we seem to be facing. Understanding the issues that may lay ahead, I quickly ordered another whole pallet of wine bottles. We have had confirmation that our order has been received and in queue to be shipped asap. Until they arrive, we are still asking customers to please find and reuse bottles, if possible.
Country Fruit Wine
We have been able to source the necessary ingredients needed to finish your country fruit wines! Wines started prior to the October 8th deadline are rolling out the door now. If you brought us fruit after the deadline, your wine will be ready to bottle in the New Year.
December pre-ordered Limited Quantity wine kits will be delayed for a few weeks as we are waiting for orders from the Lower Mainland. We will confirm with customers once they arrive.
Brumate Has Arrived
Brumate is an amazing drinkware brand! See their instagram HERE. FSJ customers might remember this product from Rustic Country Decor. We've been trying to get this brand into our shop since July but Canadian distribution issues kept pushing our orders further and further behind. Luckily the packages finally arrived on Friday and are now out and available for purchase at our location! We can't wait to bring in the new designs each season.
Dot & Lil
During some of the flooding, UPS suspended all shipments to BC. In this time, our Dot & Lil order was sitting in Ontario, waiting to be shipped. Strangely enough, our backordered items came before the opening order! Thankfully we now have all of our order on the sales floor! Check out their line of products HERE.
We've added an extra day onto our workweek to accommodate all of the bottling that has to be done before Christmas. If you have wine that should be ready before we close for the holidays, please call the shop at 250-787-2739 to set up an appointment.
We are closing between Dec 25th and Jan 3rd to allow our employees enjoy a much deserved break. Curbside pickup for supplies or ingredients is available by special request. Please send us an email, or leave a message on Facebook or Instagram, to make arrangements.